THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX
Juried Show Call for Entry.
Seeking 2D paintings and Drawings.
Unconventional, novel and inventive are words that come to mind when we hear the phrase “think outside the box”. We invite you to push your boundaries and break away from the expected and mundane.
This theme has a wide interpretation, but in case you need some ideas, we suggest exploring an unusual or distorted perspective. Employ symbolism in a new way. Use optical illusions or a unique application of paint. Challenge yourself and let your creativity run free.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 19, 2019 | Midnight (CST)
SHOW RUN: May 18 – July 6, 2019
Not Quite Finished By the Deadline?
That’s okay. As long as you are close, you can submit a preliminary photo, but you must let us know by email that the submitted photo is not the final. If accepted, you must e-mail us the final photo by 5pm Friday, April 26th.
To Submit Your Entries
First, read over the complete rules on the Registration Info page, then pay your entry fee ($55 for up to 3 pieces) and submit your entries for the show using the buttons the bottom of the Registration Info page.
- Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. If you are using a media not mentioned, please email us for verification that we are accepting it. Contact: Gwen@dutchartgallery.net and Katherine@dutchartgallery.net
- Submit up to 3 entries for $55 entry fee.
- Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. See •Registration Info• page for a complete list.
The exception is Gallery Wrapped Canvas which does not require framing.
- Name your file(s) correctly. This is crucial for our automated system. If you are using your phone to take photos of your work, you must be able to rename the files. This may require downloading the photos to a computer in order to rename them.
ESSENTIAL! Name as follows:
- File Size Specifications: Largest dimension 1000px wide at 72dpi in .jpg format.
- Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it and explaining the connection to the “Thinking Outside the Box” theme. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
JURIED SHOW IMPORTANT DATES
19 | Fri | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
23 | Tues | Notifications (Please check your spam folder before calling us to check status)
24 | Wed | Delivery of Accepted Work begins
04 | Sat | Delivery DEADLINE for Accepted Artwork
10 | Fri | Guest Jurors visit the gallery to judge accepted pieces
16 | Thurs | Deadline for delivery of miniature art items for Goody Bag
18 | Sat | 11am-6pm | Opening Reception and Awards Event – awards announcement at 2pm for artists, collectors, dealers and friends
18-July 6 | Exhibition and sales open to the general public
06 | Sat | Last full day of show
09 | Tues | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes.