MAGIC HOUR | Sunrise and Sunset
Themed Juried Show Call for Entry
DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 at Midnight (CST)
Seeking 2D paintings and drawings.
Swirling vibrant color, muted pastels or brooding blues, the start and end of each day is truly unique. We invite artists to capture the glorious magic of the sunrise and sunset for this themed show. Share your interpretation of this ever-changing, fleeting moment in time.
NOTE: Artwork must have been produced in 2019-2020 calendar years, nothing older will be considered.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 | Midnight (CST)
SHOW RUN: Saturday, June 13th, 2020 through Saturday, August 8th, 2020
The Dutch Art Gallery is located in Dallas, Texas
The “MAGIC HOUR | Sunrise and Sunset” Juried Show accepts entries nationwide
Not Quite Finished By the Deadline?
That’s okay. As long as you are close, you can submit a preliminary photo, but you must let us know by email that the submitted photo is not the final. If accepted, you must e-mail us the final photo by 5pm Wed, May 20th. Absolutely no revisions to artwork past this point. If your work is not completed by the original deadline of May 13th, if accepted, you will NOT be considered for any promotional materials.
To Submit Your Entries
First, read over the complete rules on the Registration Info page, then pay your entry fee ($55 for up to 3 pieces) and submit your entries for the show using the buttons the bottom of the Registration Info page.
- Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. No sculpture. If you are using a media not mentioned, please email us for verification that we are accepting it. Contact: Gwen@dutchartgallery.net AND Katherine@dutchartgallery.net
- Submit up to 3 entries for $55 entry fee. Artwork must have been produced in 2019-2020 calendar years, nothing older will be considered–you will be asked to verify this on the submission form. Entries must not have been submitted in previous Dutch Art Gallery Juried Shows.
- Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. See •Registration Info• page for a complete list.
The exception is Gallery Wrapped Canvas which does not require framing.
- Name your file(s) correctly. This is crucial for our automated system. If you are using your phone to take photos of your work, you must be able to rename the files. This may require downloading the photos to a computer in order to rename them.
ESSENTIAL! Name as follows:
- File Size Specifications: Largest dimension 1000px wide at 72dpi in .jpg format.
- Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen. A written statement MUST accompany each entry. Strict adherence to the theme is mandatory.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
JURIED SHOW IMPORTANT DATES
13 | Wed | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
16 | Sat | Notification (Please check your spam folder followed by our website before calling us to check status)
16 | Sat | Delivery of Accepted Work begins
30 | Sat | Delivery DEADLINE for Accepted Artwork
11 | Thurs | Deadline for delivery of miniature art items for Goody Bag
12 | Fri | Guest Jurors visit the gallery to judge accepted pieces
13 | Sat | 11am-6pm | Opening Reception and Awards Event – awards announcement at 2pm for artists, collectors, dealers and friends | People’s choice announced 4pm.
08 | Sat | Last full day of show
13-22 | Thurs-Sat | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes.