ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
Themed Juried Show Call for Entry
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, November 1st, 2021 | Midnight (CST)
SHOW RUN: Saturday, December 4th, 2021 through Friday, December 24th, 2021
The All You Need Is Love theme was both suggested by our customers and voted on by our customers with it receiving nearly half the votes of the 5 nominated themes. With all the added strife in our lives for the past few of years, focusing on something that few can argue with, the value of love, seems to be what everyone needs. Artists, this theme is wide open. You can focus on human relationships, human and animal bonds, the symbology of love, pure color and movement, and much more. Use your imagination to create your own, original interpretation of All You Need Is Love.
Not Quite Finished By the Deadline?
That’s okay. As long as you are close, you can submit a preliminary photo, but you must let us know by email that the submitted photo is not the final. If accepted, you must e-mail us the final photo by 5pm Tuesday, November 16th. Send only one photo by this date. We will consider your work completed once we receive a photo from you even if you send it prior to the deadline. Absolutely no revisions to artwork past this point. If your work is not completed by the original deadline of Monday, November 1st, if accepted, your work will NOT be considered for any promotional materials.
To Submit Your Entries
First, read over the complete rules on the Registration Info page, then pay your entry fee ($55 for up to 3 pieces) and submit your entries for the show using the buttons the bottom of the Registration Info page.
- Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. No sculpture. If you are using a media not mentioned, please email us for verification that we are accepting it. Contact: Katherine@dutchartgallery.net. No Sculpture. No Photography. No crafts.
- Entry must adhere to the ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE theme.
- Entry must be available to sell and reflect your current standard pricing. Paintings that do not reflect the artists’ pricing structure may be disqualified.
- NONREFUNDABLE Entry Fee of $55.00 USD covers up to three entries. Artwork must have been produced in 2020-2021 calendar years, nothing older will be considered–you will be asked to verify this on the submission form. Entries must NOT have been submitted in previous Dutch Art Gallery Juried Shows. Entry must be original art produced by the artist registered. Work done by a production studio, in classes or workshops, work from kits, commercial designs, and derivative work is prohibited.
- Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. See •Registration Info• page for a complete list.
Gallery wrapped canvas will be acceptable at any size because framing is not required. Must have minimum depth of 1.25 inches. Sides must be painted–either extend the painting to the sides or painted a solid color (no white/gesso or blank canvas on sides). Gallery provides temporary framing for the run of the show on standard sized pieces.
- Name your file(s) correctly. This is crucial for our automated system. If you are using your phone to take photos of your work, you must be able to rename the files. This may require downloading the photos to a computer in order to rename them.
ESSENTIAL! Name as follows:
- File Size Specifications: Largest dimension 1000px wide at 72dpi in .jpg format.
- Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it and how the piece relates to the ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE theme. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen. Strict adherence to the theme is mandatory.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
01 | Mon | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
09-10 | Tues-Wed | Notification (Please check your spam folder followed by our website before calling us to check status)
13 | Sat | Delivery of Accepted Work Begins
20 | Sat | Delivery DEADLINE for Accepted Artwork
01 | Wed | Deadline for delivery of optional miniature art items for Goody Bag
04 | Sat | 11am-5pm | Due to ongoing Pandemic, Plans for Opening Reception and Awards are not firm at this time– awards announcement at 2pm will be either be Live on Facebook or posted soon after.
24 | Fri | Last full day of show (CLOSING EARLY AT 2PM)
08-15 | Sat-Sat | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes during this week.
The Dutch Art Gallery is located in Dallas, Texas
The ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE Juried Show accepts entries nationwide