AROUND THE WORLD
Juried Show Call for Entry.
Take us on a journey. What is it about a particular part of the world that draws you in, that fascinates you? It could be the landscape or architecture. Maybe it’s the people and culture. It could be bright swirling colors or a muted palette associated with a particular place. Show us your interpretation of our “Around The World” theme so we can travel the world with you.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 04, 2018 | Midnight (CST)
SHOW RUN: November 03 – Dec 22, 2018
Not Quite Finished By the Deadline?
That’s okay. As long as you are close, you can submit a preliminary photo, but you must let us know by email that the submitted photo is not the final. You must e-mail us the final photo by 5pm Friday, October 12th.
To Submit Your Entries
First, read over the complete rules on the Registration Info page, then pay your entry fee and submit your entries for the show using the buttons the bottom of the Registration Info page.
- Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. If you are using a media not mentioned, please email us for verification that we are accepting it. Contact: Gwen@dutchartgallery.net and Katherine@dutchartgallery.net
- Submit up to 3 entries.
- Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. See •Registration Info• page for complete list.
The exception is Gallery Wrapped Canvas which does not require framing.
- Name your file(s) correctly. This is crucial for our automated system. If you are using your phone to take photos of your work, you must be able to rename the files. This may require downloading the photos to a computer in order to rename them.
ESSENTIAL! Name as follows:
- File Size Specifications: Largest dimension 1000px wide at 72dpi in .jpg format.
- Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it and explaining the connection to the “Around The World” theme including location(s) represented. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
JURIED SHOW IMPORTANT DATES
04 | Thurs | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
05/06 | Fri/Sat | Jury Selection by Committee
09/10 | Tues/Wed | Notifications (Please check your spam folder before calling us to check status)
16-20 | Tues-Sat | Delivery of Accepted Work
20 | Sat | Delivery DEADLINE for Accepted Artwork
26 | Fri | Guest Jurors visit the gallery to judge accepted pieces
01 | Thurs | Deadline for delivery of miniature art items for Goody Bag
03 | Sat | 11am-6pm | Opening Reception and Awards Event – awards announcement at 2pm for artists, collectors, dealers and friends
03-Dec 22 | Exhibition and sales open to the general public
22 | Sat | Last full day of show
02 | Wed | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes.