THE SOUND OF COLOR
Juried Show Call for Entry.
Sound and language combined can move our souls. Music has the power to lift us to the heights of joy or bring us to tears. Art has the same power. “The Sound of Color” is a celebration of music and we want to see what music inspires in you. Your entries should focus on a single song or specific lyric from a song.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 21, 2018 | Midnight (CST)
SHOW RUN: May 19 – June 14, 2018
3rd place is $250
2nd Place is $500
1st Place is $1,000
People’s Choice Award receives a framed certificate
Not Quite Finished By the Deadline?
That’s okay. As long as you are close, you can submit a preliminary photo, but you must let us know by email that the submitted photo is not the final. You must e-mail us the final photo by 5pm Friday, May 4th.
To Submit Your Entries, Click the Button.
- Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. If you are using a media not mentioned, please email us for verification that we are accepting it. Contact: Gwen@dutchartgallery.net and Katherine@dutchartgallery.net
- Submit up to 3 entries.
- Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. See •Registration Info• page for complete list.
The exception is Gallery Wrapped Canvas which does not require framing.
- Name your file(s) correctly. This is crucial for our automated system. If you are using your phone to take photos of your work, you must be able to rename the files. This may require downloading the photos to a computer in order to rename them. ESSENTIAL! Name as follows: title_size_artist.jpg
- File Size Specifications: Largest dimension 1000px wide at 72dpi in .jpg format.
- Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it and explaining the connection to the chosen song/lyric and name the song by title and artist. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen.
Please visit •Registration Info• to see ALL RULES.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
JURIED SHOW IMPORTANT DATES
21 | Sat | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
24 | Tues | Selection by Jury Committee
25/26 | Wed/Thurs | Notifications (Please check your spam folder before calling us to check status)
09 | Wed | Delivery Deadline for Accepted Artwork
16 | Wed | Deadline for delivery of miniature art items for Goody Bag
18 | Fri | Judging
19 | Sat | 11am-6pm | Opening Reception and Awards Event – awards announcement at 2pm for artists, collectors, dealers and friends
19-June 14 | Exhibition and sales open to the general public
14| Thur | Last full day of show
15 | Fri | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes. Artists are responsible for return shipping charges.