ART CALL FOR ENTRY – The Dutch Art Gallery announces an art call for the annual juried art competition, “Do You See What I See”. The Gallery urges Artists to submit their best interpretation of this “Theme”- (Interpretation described below) for inclusion into the Dutch Art Gallery’s Saturday, December 2, 2017, 11th Annual Fall Show.
Art Leagues, Local, Regional and National Memberships please forward the invitation to members to submit an original entry in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media.
This theme could include the following interpretations:
- Abstract/Modern artwork. Example: Hidden image that conveys a hidden image or emotional feeling
- Traditional artwork. Example: Boulder, plant, tree, etc. that has a hidden image in it.
- A unique perspective. Example: Flower or bug (any object) with a magnified view that takes the piece into an Abstract, or traditional image.
The plan is for the Gallery to have a folded card next to the artwork describing the hidden element the Artist saw or created in the piece. This allows the customer to observe and participate with the Artist…almost like a treasure hunt.
ARTISTS: Please enter a maximum of three (3) art entries into this juried art show competition. Winners will receive recognition to our Gallery database, e-marketing, social media, event and press release announcements. Cash prizes for the top 3 winners will be announced at the Awards and Opening Reception on Saturday, December 2, 2017. Cash Prize for 3rd place will be $250, 2nd Place $500 and 1st Place $1000. People’s Choice Award receives a gift certificate.
About The Dutch Art Gallery: Conducts monthly events, two annual juried art shows for local and national artists. It is our intention to showcase incredible talent and display the exceptional abilities of artists worldwide.
To enter please submit an art entry in the form below by Midnight, Monday, November 6, 2017, for consideration to participate in the juried art show and exhibition. Please review the following requirements to be considered for the show.
Monday, November 6 – deadline for entries
Tuesday, November 7 – Hans, Pam and team jury all pieces submitted
Wednesday, November 8 – Announcement of Show pieces accepted
Tuesday, November 14 – Begin art delivery to Gallery
Saturday, November 17 – Deadline for art delivery
January 23 – February 1 – Art returns
– Entry Fees. Nonrefundable Entry Fee is $55.00USD via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or make check payable to Dutch Art Gallery paid by Midnight, Monday, November 6, 2017. (At the bottom there will be a button to pay for art entry fee.)
– Online Registration (Form Below) Must Be Completed.
– Name Your Art Entry. Please title your file like this: title_size_artist.jpg
– Upload Art Entry Specifications: Maximum Width 2500px wide at 72dpi/180dpi. (Accepted Art Entries will be used in upcoming print collateral to feature art entries as well as through our online media. Online the art entry will be scaled down.)
– A Maximum of Three (3) NEW Entries Per Artist Per Entry Fee of $55.00USD.
– Art Entry Meets Standard Framing Sizes. (For example: 5×7, 6×8, 8×8, 8×10, 9×12, 10×10, 11×14, 12×12, 12×16, 14×18, 16×20, 18×18, 18×24, 20×20, 20×24, 24×30, 24×36, 30×40, 36×36, 36×48)
– Gallery Wraps. Gallery wrapped canvas will be acceptable at any size because they do not require framing. Please include proper wiring and hardware. (If you are concerned about your size of your entry and you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact The Dutch Art Gallery at (214) 348-7350 or e-mail email@example.com.)
– Art Entry Must Be Original Art Produced By The Artist Registered. Work done by a production studio, in classes or workshops, work from kits, commercial designs, and derivative work is prohibited. If it is not their own work entry it will be removed. Artwork must not be printed as a stretch canvas with layers of paint. Digital art prints is not original fine art.
Art Entry Must Be New. Artists, please do not submit entries that are currently in your Dutch Art Gallery inventory. Also, work that has been previously entered in prior Dutch Art Gallery shows/exhibitions will not be accepted.
– Art Entry Must Be Able To Sell. (If accepted PLEASE review the contract for Artist/Gallery Commission.)
– Once Entry Accepted. Art Entry May Only Be Exhibited In The Medium(s) In Which They Were Accepted.
– Art Entry Statement. Artist must include in the online registration a statement describing their entry.
– Entry Paperwork. Provide an Index Card, Inventory Sheet & Show Contract
– Goody Bag. You may provide art miniatures of your choice and quantity for giveaways to guests at the Opening Reception.
– Agree to Showcase Standard Framing Per Show Agreement. The Dutch Art Gallery will frame all Art Entries for displaying throughout the Exhibition. The Art Entry submitted must be Gallery standard sizes. If not in Standard Frame Size then Artist must provide quality framing that meets Dutch Art Gallery standards. For Pastels/Watercolors Artist should provide matting so that it will fit in standard frame size. Entry may be excluded from the show if it doesn’t meet presentation requirements. (For example: 5×7, 6×8, 8×8, 8×10, 9×12, 10×10, 11×14, 12×12, 12×16, 14×18, 16×20, 18×18, 18×24, 20×20, 20×24, 24×30, 24×36, 30×40, 36×36, 36×48)
– Delivery Of Work. Agree to pay for delivery and shipping of your Art Entry by Tuesday, November 14, 2017, as well as for return shipping by January 23 – Feb 1, 2018. Saturday, November 17, 2017 is the Deadline For ALL Show Entry Deliveries. Art Entry must be delivered with an index card with the following details: Title, Artist Name, Size, Frame/Unframed, Media, Retail Price, Description about the Art Entry in relation to the “Do You See What I See” theme. Art Entry Thumbnail must be included on a Dutch Art Gallery Inventory Form and Signed Show Contract must also be delivered.
– Show Acceptance. Acceptance Letters will include Entries Accepted, Important Dates, Show Contract, Inventory Form, Sample of Index Card Info, Shipping/Delivery Form.
Review of Art Entries on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. All of the above items must be met to be considered. First Jury with DAG Gallery Owners will review Art Entry Submissions for the above criteria. Be sure to provide the best lighting in capturing your Art Entry. Small thumbnails, rough or hard to see images will automatically be rejected.
Acceptance Letters To Participate in the Annual Show Juried Competition and Exhibition: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 Art Entry Approval Notifications Via E-mail To Artist. (Rejection Notifications Via E-mail will follow promptly.) Accepted Art Entries will be released on the website, will be finalized in show invitations for printing and promotional circulations. Information provided on the art entry form will be used in collateral, online and displayed next to art entry.
The 4 Person Jury Panel Will Review All Art Entries. Friday, December 1, 2017. Artwork will be numbered to match score sheets. Scores will be tallied and ready to announce at the Opening Reception on Saturday, December 2, 2017. Judges will score based on the following 4 categories: Interpretation and clarity of the work form the viewer; Creativity and originality of the work; Quality of artistic composition; Overall design and overall impression.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony on Saturday, December 2, 2017, 11 am to 6 pm. Artists are encouraged to come. Prior to the show Artist will receive invitations to send to others to attend the opening reception and/or exhibition. Meet other Artists and listen to the Award Announcements at 2 pm. First guests will receive a goody bag with participating artists miniatures.
Art Entry Returns. At the Gallery’s Discretion Art Entries May Be Returned At Any Time.
NO PERSONAL PROMOTIONS W/ARTIST CONTACT INFORMATION WILL BE ALLOWED FOR DISTRIBUTION DURING RECEPTION. The Dutch Art Gallery will promote the 10th Annual Juried Art Exhibition, winners and/or art entries at our discretion. If you have any questions or further clarification please contact the Dutch Art Gallery and speak with our Event Coordinator, Pam Massar at 214-348-7350.
11th Annual Fall Show Registration Fee and Art Entry Registration