Art Featured: Ringo Rider By Thao Le
DALLAS, TEXAS – The Dutch Art Gallery announces an art call for submissions for the annual juried art competition, “Pursuit Of The Southwest”. The Gallery urges all 2D Artists to submit their best depiction of art for inclusion into the Gallery’s December, 6, 2014 6th Annual Art Exhibition. The Gallery invites all 2D artists regardless of where they reside to send us your best interpretation of the theme “Pursuit Of The Southwest” by revealing the nature of the beauty of the Southwest. Showcase breathtaking scenery, refreshing ideas and endless recreational pursuits related to the Southwest of America. Art Leagues, Local, Regional and National Memberships should forward the invitation to members to submit an original entry in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media.
ARTISTS: Please enter a maximum of three (3) art entries into this juried art show competition. Winners will receive recognition to our Gallery database, e-marketing, social media, event announcements and press release announcements. Cash prize for the top 3 winners will be announced at the Awards and Opening Reception on Saturday, December 6, 2014. Cash Prize for 3rd place will be $500, 2nd Place $1000 and 1st Place $2000.
About The Dutch Art Gallery: Conducts monthly events, two annual juried art shows for local and national member organizations. It is our intention to showcase incredible talent and display the exceptional abilities of worldwide artists.
To enter please submit an art entry in the form below by Midnight, Friday, November 7, 2014 for consideration of participating in the juried art show and exhibition. Please review the following requirements to be considered in the show.
– Nonrefundable Entry Fee is $55.00USD via Paypal to email@example.com or make check payable to Dutch Art Gallery paid by Midnight, Friday, November 7, 2014. (At the bottom there will be a button to pay for art entry fee.)
– Online Registration (Form below) Must Be Completed.
– Name Your Art Entry. Please title your file like this: title_size_artist.jpg
– Upload Art Entry Specifications: Maximum Width 2500px wide at 72dpi/180dpi. (Accepted Art Entries will be used in upcoming print collateral to feature art entries as well as through our online media. Online the art entry will be scaled down.)
– A Maximum of Three (3) Entries Per Artist Per Entry Fee of $55.00USD.
– Art Entry Meets Standard Framing Sizes. (For example: 5×7, 6×8, 8×8, 8×10, 9×12, 10×10, 11×14, 12×12, 12×16, 14×18, 16×20, 18×18, 18×24, 20×20, 20×24, 24×30, 24×36, 30×40, 36×48)
– Gallery wrapped canvas will be acceptable at any size, because they do not require framing. Please include proper wiring and hardware. Please note, if extremely large the Gallery may turn down due to space requirements. (If you are concerned about your size of your entry and you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact The Dutch Art Gallery at (214) 348-7350 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
– Art Entry Must Be Original Art Produced By The Artist Registered. Work done by a production studio, in classes or workshops, work from kits, commercial designs, and derivative work is prohibited. If it is not their own work entry will be removed. Artwork must not be printed as a stretch canvas with layers of paint. Digital art prints is not original fine art.
– Art Entry Must Be New. Artists please do not submit entries that are currently in your Dutch Art Gallery inventory. Also, work that has been previously entered in prior Dutch Art Gallery shows/exhibitions will not be accepted.
– Art Entry Must Be Able To Sell. (If accepted it will please review contract for Artist/Gallery Commission.)
– Art Entry May Only Be Exhibited In The Medium(s) In Which They Were Accepted.
– Artist must include in the online registration a statement describing their entry how it relates to the theme “Pursuit Of The Southwest”.
– Provide an Index Card, Inventory Sheet & Show Contract
– You may provide art miniatures of your choice and quantity for giveaways to guests at the Opening Reception.
– Eligible to share a 10 minute presentation at the Opening Reception showing a review of your work and personal thoughts of your inspiration.
– Agree to Showcase Standard Framing Agreements. The Dutch Art Gallery will frame all Art Entries for displaying throughout the Exhibition. The Art Entry submitted must be Gallery standard sizes. If not in Standard Frame Size then Artist must provide quality framing that meets Dutch Art Gallery standards. For Pastels/Watercolors Artist should provide matting so that it will fit in standard frame size. Entry may be excluded from the show if it doesn’t meet presentation requirements.
– Agree to pay for delivery and shipping of your Art Entry by Tuesday, November 11th – 18th, as well as for return shipping on March 14, 2014. November 18th is the Deadline For ALL Show Entry Deliveries. Art Entry must be delivered with an index card with the following details: Title, Artist Name, Size, Frame/Unframed, Media, Retail Price, Description about the Art Entry in relation to the Pursuit Of The Southwest theme. Art Entry Thumbnail must be included on a Dutch Art Gallery Inventory Form and Signed Show Contract must also be delivered.
– Acceptance Letters will include Entries Accepted, Important Dates, Show Contract, Inventory Form, Sample of Index Card Info, Shipping/Delivery Form.
First Review of Art Entries on Wednesday, November 5th. All of the above items must be met to be considered. First Jury with DAG Gallery Owners will review Art Entry Submissions for the above criteria. Be sure to provide the best lighting in capturing your Art Entry. Small thumbnails, rough or hard to see images will automatically be rejected.
Acceptance Letters To Participate in the Annual Show Juried Competition and Exhibition: Monday, November 10th Art Entry Approval Notifications Via E-mail To Artist. (Rejection Notifications Via E-mail will follow promptly.) Accepted Art Entries will be released on the website, will be finalized in show invitations for printing and promotional circulations. Information provided on the art entry form will be used in collateral, online and displayed next to art entry.
The 4 Person Jury Panel Will Review All Art Entries on Friday, December 5th. Artwork will be numbered to match score sheets. Scores will be tallied and ready to announce at the Opening Reception on Saturday, December 6th. Judges will score based on the following 4 categories: Interpretation and clarity of the work form the viewer; Creativity and originality of the work; Quality of artistic composition; Overall design and overall impression.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony on Saturday, December 6th 11am to 6pm. Artists are encouraged to come. Prior to the show Artist will receive invitations to send to others to attend the opening reception and/or exhibition. Meet other Artists and listen to the Showcase Presentations, Award Announcements at 2pm. First guests will receive a goody bag with participating artists miniatures.
NO PERSONAL PROMOTIONS W/ARTIST CONTACT INFORMATION WILL BE PROHIBITED OR ALLOWED FOR DISTRIBUTION DURING RECEPTION. If you have any questions or further clarification please contact the Dutch Art Gallery and speak with our Event Coordinator, Adrienne Balkum at (214) 348-7350.
6th Annual Show Registration Fee and Art Entry Registration
Please pay your entry fee and fill out your registration of your entry below. NOTE: The fee covers for a maximum of 3 art entries per artist. Your acceptance letter will include your contract, inventory sheet and shipping your art details. Thank you in advance we look forward to an excellent show.